Bircher Muesli is an easy breakfast, packed with nutrition that is simple to prep the night before. Whole grains like oats have been a central element of the human diet since early civilization. They are an excellent source of nutrition, as they contain essential enzymes, iron, dietary fiber, Vitamin E, and B-complex vitamins. Because the body absorbs oats slowly, they provide sustained and high-quality energy. Oats are not strictly gluten free due to content, contact, or contamination, but most people find them easy to digest. The almonds and yogurt are a great source of protein, an essential part of a healthy breakfast. And the almonds and chia are good anti-inflammatories along with being great brain food. And the apple and pomegranate contain wonderful antioxidants which support inflammation.
- 1.5 cups Organic rolled oats
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped Almonds
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of Sea salt
- 350 ml Almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 coarsely grated Red apple
- 2 tbsp Cultured Yoghurt
- 1 Pomegranate
- Rice malt syrup to drizzle (optional)
The night before you want to eat the Bircher Muesli:
- Soak the oats, chia seeds, chopped almonds, salt and vanilla extract with the milk in a bowl. Stir well, cover, and put the bowl in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning take the oats mixture from the fridge, grate the apple on top, add the yoghurt and pomegranate over the top and sweetener if using.
Recipe created by Simone Kopkas
Nutrition Counsellor, Holistic Chef & Reiki Master Teacher
http://www.HealthWholistically.com Mob: 0400 987777 Simone@HealthWholistically.com